Thursday, May 22, 2008

Angelina Jolie Heroin Video Released




Britain’s Daily Sun released the rumored Angelina Jolie heroin video after last month, The National Enquirer reported that video footage of Angelina Jolie using heroin valued $70,000. The Sun video features Angelina Jolie (who recently graced Cannes International Film Festival red carpet) can be seen casually puffing cancer sticks as several of her neighbors participate in drug use.

Angelina Jolie has been pretty open about her past drug use - pre-children. She's admitted to using cocaine, ecstacy, LSD and heroin. Admitting it publicly is one thing, but now, there's apparently a video of her actually snorting and smoking heroin and that video is being shopped around - hard.

You know, admittedly, I've never liked Angelina Jolie - never liked her in movies, always thought she was the one who came between Brad and Jennifer Aniston (who knows for sure right?), thought she seemed "cold," - generally had a dislike for her. Obviously I don't know her personally, but something about her rubbed me the wrong way. However - and I can't believe I'm even typing this - I sorta have a soft spot for her now. Seriously, the more I write about her, the more I like her. I think part of it is, even though she's this big time celebrity, travels the world, is 8 million times richer than I'll ever be, is sleeping with my boyfriend (Brad Pitt), has 43 homes all over the planet, the woman lets her kids eat Cheetos, and doesn't care if they have ice cream for breakfast, her children fight and squabble like all other siblings, famous or not and to me that's A-okay. Sure, she'll never be exactly like the rest of us just because of who she is and her celebrity, but she's kinda like us.

My point is, I don't want there to be a drug snorting, shooting-up video of Angelina Jolie. I don't want it to be true. Now the "source" of this whole sorted story is from the National Enquirer, so it could all be big fat lies. They're not past telling big fat lies.

The scoop is, the tape's owner is looking for at least five figures and it's being shopped all over town. The video is allegedly from the '90's when Jolie would have been in her 20's. Before Brad and before 4 kids and twins on the way.

This is part of the article:

The key part of the tape is Angelina doing heroin. She says, ‘Wow, this is really good smack - not that cheap crap that’s been stepped on.’ Angelina is seen sniffing white lines from a plate, and then as the drug cooks on tinfoil, she deeply sucks in its smoke through a tube.”

The actress has admitted using hard drugs in the past. She once said, “I’ve done coke, heroin, ecstasy, LSD everything. I hate heroin because I’ve been fascinated with it. I’m not immune, but I won’t do it now, at all.” However, video proof could damage her career and reputation as a charity campaigner.

Let's say it's true - she's admitted her drug use in her earlier years. She wasn't a mom. She wasn't pregnant. Does her past affect who she is now as a woman, as someone who donates time and money to charity, as a friend, as a lover, as a mother? I'm sure most of us have done something questionable and/or possibly illegal in our younger years and have gone on to be decent, productive members of society and - grown up to be fantastic parents

No comments: