Friday, May 23, 2008

Indiana Jones stars hit up Cannes premiere




Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.

Thousands of fans wearing fedoras lined the red carpet for the hotly-anticipated movie which sees 65-year-old Harrison Ford reprise his role as the epic adventurer, 19 years after the release of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Amid mixed reviews, Ford said he has no problem with criticism: "I expect the whip to be turned on me...it's not unusual...I fully expect it and I am not worried about it. I work for the people who pay to get in, they are my customers."

Asked why director Steven Spielberg took so long to make the film, he said: "It took a long time to find the right story."

He added: "George Lucas always had the idea of the crystal skull...but getting the focus of the story and who the villains would be took a lot of time."

Spielberg and Lucas haven't ruled out making a fifth instalment of the Indiana series and getting Ford back in the saddle.

The film goes on general release in the UK on May 22.

No comments: