Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jessica Simpson's New Single is Released


Her romance with Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo may have overshadowed her singing career of late, but Jessica Simpson is back with a new single, the first off her upcoming country album.

The lighthearted, upbeat "Come On Over," airing on Jacksonville, Fla. radio station WQIK, features her breathy vocals over a steel guitar. (Visit wqik.com to hear the song.)

On the tune, she sings: "I need you now/ I need you bad/I need you baby looking just like that/Don't pack a bag/Don't make me wait/ I want to kiss that smile that's on your face/I need you wrapped up in these arms/ I want you just the way you are/Come on over."

Early feedback has been positive: in a poll on WQIK's Web site, of the more than 6,600 people who listened to the track, 58 percent gave it a thumbs up.

Simpson's record label says that she will be performing at fairs and festivals this summer in support of her country album, due out in September. Simpson's father told PEOPLE last year that the album will go back to her Texas roots. "She's a singer from top to bottom," Joe Simpson said. "And everything in the music business, especially pop music, has moved away from singers. And I think country is the only pure, storytelling kind of genre left."

No comments: