Monday, May 19, 2008

Tom Cruise and Oprah Interview Highlights




Tom Cruise invited Oprah on over to see his house in Telluride, Colorado and the interview includes a snowmobile ride and a opened discussion of his decreasing media image. Hollywood actor Tom Cruise talks candidly with Oprah Winfrey about his personal life, his childhood, life with wife Katie Holmes and their daughter, Suri, Scientology and a 2005 appearance on “The Today Show” in which he criticized psychiatry

Here are some of the highlights:

On the couch-jumping incident:”I just felt that way, and I feel that way about her. I can’t even articulate it, to be honest. That feeling, that connection. Just who she is and what she means to me.”

On attacking Matt Lauer: “I was feeling pressed in the interview with Matt Lauer. For me, my issue was really about child drugging. It’s not like it is today, like people are really kind of openly talking about this.”



On Suri
: “She’s spectacular. She really is just magic.”
On keeping Suri hidden for three months: “We just want to have our baby, have the kids and everyone get to know Suri, get the family up here and just chill and have that time that you never get back. You don’t ever get those moments back. Kate and I didn’t feel any need to [rush] it. We said, ‘Why? It’s our family.’ We just were on Suri time.”



On Scientology
: “It’s a minority religion, and I think that sometimes people misinterpret [it]. I think the best thing is for people to read about it themselves. I believe people have the right to choose what they believe in. The code of Scientologists says you respect the religious beliefs of others. “That’s part of being a Scientologist, and that’s who I am as a person.”

On the speculation that his marriage is fake: That’s laughable to me. You just know that they’re trying to sell it and spin it.”
On Katie’s family: “They’re amazing. I love them. You see why Kate is such an amazing woman — incredible integrity and strength. They’re family.”



On his reputation: “Listen I, I feel like definitely things have been misunderstood, and there are things I could have done better. But then there’s also that world where you go, ‘Oh, it’s been spun to such an extent that . . . that’s a truth also.’ Knowing when and where to communicate, I think that’s important. A lot of times I was nervous giving interviews. Or I wasn’t sometimes as comfortable about things. And I realized that it’s okay. There’s stuff you have to just let go. I just have to do the best I can.”
and the use of anti-depressant drugs

No comments: