Saturday, June 14, 2008

Angelina Jolie Does Entertainment Weekly June 2008


The one and only Angelina Jolie, did an exclusive interview with this week’s edition of Entertainment Weekly, on newsstands on Friday. In the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, Angelina Jolie discusses motherhood, her home life and her controversial public image.

The pregnant Celebrity has two films se to come out Wanted, an action thriller, and the crime drama, The Changeling, she also just wrapped up the animated children’s flick, Kung Fu Panda.

On her ideal weekend:

I have a lot of those. Very simple things. On weekends we usually have family sleep. We always have one night a week where everybody stays up late, watches a movie, and stays in our bed. We have, like, a slumber party.

On how her pregnancy has affected her sex life:

It’s great for the sex life. It just makes you a lot more creative. So you have fun, and as a woman you’re just so round and full.

On her unwedded bliss with partner Brad Pitt:

I say “partner” sometimes. “Father of my children” is too long. But half the time people refer to us as, “Your wife this, your husband that.” We’ve stopped correcting everybody. It’s not a big intentional thing not to marry. We immediately were a family when we became a couple, and children were the priority, and we’re both legally committed to the children.

On finding the perfect gift for Brad:

Brad is the hardest person to shop for. He has impeccable design taste. And whenever he sees something he likes, he buys it for himself.

On her often misunderstood public image:

The reason I talked about going through certain pains or even cutting myself is that I was already out the other side. I knew there were people that do that — and somehow are happy that somebody admitted they did and discussed how they got out of it. I don’t see the point of doing an interview unless you’re going to share the things you learn in life and the mistakes you make. So to admit that I’m extremely human and have done some dark things, I don’t think makes me unusual or unusually dark. I think it actually is the right thing to do and I’d like to think it’s the nice thing to do.

On whether she’s drawn to extremes:

I think so, yeah. We joke about that at home a lot, because we walk in different worlds together, Brad and I. We joke about the extremes of the things we’ll do. There’s a side of us that’s so mommy-daddy and then there’s a side of us that’s…very man and woman. We both like to ride motorcycles, we both like to fly planes, that’s the spirited side of us. Then the other side of us is very focused on silly mommy-daddy things. So I guess that’s extremes, but I just think of that as balance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That cover shot looks like Haylie Duff! I thought it was her!

Anonymous said...

Angelina Jolie could be the third Duff sister.

Anonymous said...

Its true! She looks like Haylie in the pics. Cool. Love them both.