Friday, June 6, 2008

Spice Girls Mel B and Baby Spice Plan Acting Careers



Now that Spice Girls Emma Bunton and Melanie Brown have conquered the music world, they’ve set their sets on a new career: Acting.I’ve just been offered Legally Blonde on Broadway,” Mel B said Tuesday night at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London, where the Spice Girls won Band of the Year.
“I’m going to go out to see about it next week,” she said. And husband Stephen Belafonte, 33, showed his support by adding “She’s done Rent before, she would be great!”

Brown, 33, added: “Then I have our sitcom we’re working on and my Project Runway show. I’m launching my clothes line through that, hopefully this year.”

Spice pal, Emma Bunton, 32 – who picked up the award with Brown, and fellow Spice Girl Geri Halliwell – has also set her sights on becoming an actress. Baby Spice said, “I’m really looking forward to doing some acting – a TV drama, maybe something a bit gritty.”

Reading scripts and being mom to her 9-month-old old son Beau is currently how Bunton spends her days. “I have had some amazing offers but it’s about picking the right thing. Obviously now having a child – that’s my priority.”

Email This

No comments: