Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Salma Hayek Honored at Crystal Lucy Awards


When asked if it was hard to be over 40 in youth obsessed Hollywood, new mom Salma Hayek quickly replied “No Way.

The Bandidas babe was honored on Tuesday night (June 17) during Women in Film’s Crystal Lucy Awards in Hollywood, where she stated: “I’m 41 now and I have to say, it’s the best time in my life.”

What comment prompted Jada Pinkett Smith – who was also being recognized, along with her costars from the upcoming chick flick, The Women – to shout out, “You look good!”

Salma proceeded to give a big hello to fellow Latina, Eva Mendes (another star of The Women)… who responded with a loud, “I love you, Salma!”

Continuing along, Hayek told the crowd: “I have learned to enjoy time to be a woman. I have learned to enjoy how to do the most that I can with what I have. It is a good thing to be a 41-year-old Latina woman in America.”

Hayek gave birth to her daughter Valentina Paloma last September with billionaire fiancé Francois Henri-Pinault and she says she is finally coming into her own.

When it comes to balancing her busy career and motherhood, Hayek has already learned the most important lesson: “I delegate a lot more…and I’m very lucky because I have great people around me.”

No comments: