Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Johnny Depp Wins Big at MTV Movie Awards



It takes someone truly special to have longevity in Hollywood, where everyone is always looking for the next big thing. And last night, Johnny Depp proved that he has what it takes to stay on top in Tinseltown.

At last night’s 2008 MTV Movie Awards, the “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” stud cleaned up, winning a total of two awards.

When it came time for him to accept his golden popcorn trophy for Best Comedic Performance for his role as Captain Jack in Pirates of the Caribbean, he told the audience, “I’m not really sure how this happened. You can ask anyone, I’m not a very funny person. I’m not even remotely funny. But that’s very sweet.”

But that was just the start for Depp… he also won the award for Best Villain for his role in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. He graciously accepted, saying, “This is a great honor. Thank you for everyone who voted for me. Thank you for sticking with me on this very obtuse and strange road. I’m not particularly eloquent at the moment, but thank you so much.”

No comments: